Saturday, 31 March 2012

Had to post this as I just finished this picture and I am so pleased with it....


I bought some Bockingford watercolour board to experiment with - as I love to cover my creations with ink and paint etc. and I wanted a surface that was a bit more robust so that I could go mad; and it was really great to use......I didn't really know what I was going to create....so I started off just creating a background with acrylic paints, bubble wrap and lid tops stamped and a few micro beads and I left it at that with plans of adding some stamping at some point. I came back to it today and decided on using the two Stampotique stamps I have (although I wish I have more!) and I stamped those with rainbow ink pads and then used a brush and water to colour them in by just bringing in the ink from the stamped image - which is something I have been playing with over the last couple of days because I saw it in a magazine. I also did the same with the mushrooms (which are Dylusions stamps)  - I cut them out and after creating a cloud for them stand on stuck them down with matte Mod Podge. I used Staz on ink to stamp the flowers round the edge which are a mixture of Tim Holtz stamps and a couple of Hobby Art stamps; and then finally I stamped the Tim Holtz sentiment stamp with black archival - and it turned out way better than I imagined and I managed not to make any inky fingerprints on it which is my usual mistake! Oh and just to frame it I went around the edge with black soot distress stain....

No comments:

Post a comment