Sunday, 24 June 2012

Wooooooooooo new goodies..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out this card......I got some really cool new stamps Inkadinkaclings - kinda like zentangle on animals.......I used the parrot and stamped it on grunge paper and coloured with distress inks - dusty concord, barn door, scattered straw and spiced marmalade - where would we be without distress inks?! Oh and of course I went round the edge of the parrot with walnut stain....Also I got some new Spellbinders and cut out all those leaves on white card and I coloured them with distress stains - peeled paint, vintage photo and walnut stain and I used a nib to just add a bit of walnut stain ink around the edge too. I used the Forest moss ink pad directly on to the card, which itself was already a light green colour. Finally I added the sentiment from Craftwork cards. All in all a celebration of distress.....can't wait to use the other animals in that stamp set too....and I got a couple of other new sets too.....although I am already thinking about all the other things I really "need"......arghhhhhh!!

Here is this years Father's Day card and present.......I think I brayered the background (I should type these when I make stuff so I don't forget!)  and then stamped on some trees with black archival and I drew the body and coloured it with distress strains, I stamped the hat and wings from a Dylusions set with a rainbow ink pad and them went over the top with rock candy crackle paint, oh and obviously cut the head from a photo! For the tag on the hamper I used distress stains on the background, stamped warren and used craft nibs to colour him in with distress inks.

Blimey if only there were a simple option on Blogger so you can rotate there in the end....

Here is a card I kept pretty simple.....two stamps......I can't remember which sets they're from.....painted the flowers red and added some gingham ribbon on the edge.....

Tuesday, 5 June 2012


Check out these cards I made....

The top one is a Michael Powell image.....when I stamped it I thought it didn't come out very well but once I finished colouring it in I was really pleased.....using a plethora of Promarkers!

For the next one I used a new set of stamps....can't remember the company because I threw the packaging away d'oh! Plus the little boat is a Clarity stamp. I brayered the usual forgetting to put in a moon......oh well I carried on anyway.....I stamped on the images in black archival and then I used a nib to colour in the trees a little further with distress inks......then I painted the red looks a lot more purple overall in real life......I really liked the effect of painting over the flowers that I've already used it again on a half finished card.....

And if that wasn't enough I baked a raspberry and blueberry crumble topped cake over the weekend too.......if only I could stay at home and do stuff like this all the time......!

Sunday, 3 June 2012

This was a wedding invite acceptance card I made (first one of those I've made I think hehe!)

Punched the flowers out of a dictionary and thesaurus picking wedding related words.

This on was an 18th card....obviously! I drew the number 18 myself and coloured it in with Sharpies and the background on the number is distress stains and a little walnut stain around the edge and rock candy crackle paint on the top. I tore up some paper and glued it on the background and went over the top with some different colour crackle paints and normal acrylic paints and stamped on the Happy Birthday.