Saturday, 26 January 2013

Gingerbread house

I had a gingerbread house kit for Christmas.....all the parts came already made I just had to put it together and decorate it.....and here is the finished article. At one point I thought the walls were never going to stick and it was all just going to collapse but eventually it all stayed as the icing stated to set......and I literally ended up throwing hundreds and thousands everywhere teehee!! Now of course I get to eat it :) yum yum

Sunday, 20 January 2013

Say Cheeeeeeeeeeese!!

Here is my entry for the Craft Barn's Alpha Challenge - I couldn't wait to see what the letter was this week.....oooh C - a lot of choice but I settled on Cheese!!

Here is the link:

I thought hmm what shall I do with cheese and I thought I am sure I cut out a mouse ages ago and never used it for the mouse was cut out on the Cricut and I stuck on googly eyes and then I hand cut the cheese out of some yellow card and hole punched it. For the background I painted the page white and then went round the edge with Paper Artsy light blue colour. I stuck on the mouse and the cheese....and then flicked some blue ink over and drew on some cheesy grins and then stamped the letter C in blue archival. Then I couldn't finish of course without edging in walnut stain distress ink.

Also thanks for those tips on using a glass plate to take photos......luckily I have a boyfriend who takes things apart and when I asked him he came up with the glass plate from an old scanner which was perfect!

Friday, 18 January 2013

Snow update 2!

Blanketed back garden......!

Snow update!!

It's been 10 mins since I took this photo and those tyre tracks are already covered over!

Picnic anyone?

I had a silicon mould of fruit for Christmas to use with UTEE.....and here are my first results......a UTEE still life.....sort of!! The background is distress stains and the table cloth is painted.....the basket is made from grunge paper painted with brown paint and distress stains. I added some glitter and perfect pearls to the moulds to make the fruit favourite are the bananas!

Sunday, 13 January 2013


And here is Neon.....moving on to an orangey theme which was actually quite appropriate for Neon.

The background is mainly distress ink and stains.....and Neon is coloured with gel pens....


Here are a few more cards I have made.....

The butterflies card I first found the picture from a Graphic 45 pad, then I found the butterfly and dragonfly stamps from a Paper Artsy set and coloured them in using distress inks to match the picture......I cut out a Craftwork cards greeting and lightly went round the edge with I think it was Tea Dye distress ink.

The monster stamp in Stampotique....with a another greeting stamped on his sign and the background I just created using a variety of inks and stamps and a bit of embossing powder and perfect pearls which I then tore out to fit on the card.

The final one I used embossing power through a cogs design stencil./mask and embossed using Frantage embossing powder and then used picked raspberry distress ink over the top. The main image is Paper Artsy and I stamped it in purple archival ink and coloured it with distress inks and then added some ribbon on the bottom and stamped on the greeting.

Oxygen and Fluorine

Here are the next two elements......a pinky purple theme for these two.......and if I've learnt nothing else I now know you spell Fluorine uo and not ou...!

The backgrounds are a variety of all sorts of paints and inks and stencils and glitter.......Oxygen was initially embossing ink used through stencils and then I used pastels to adhere to the embossing ink then I went over the top with various inks and paints......I think the pink must be Dylusions but I can't remember!! Fluorine has got some extra purple paint and I used my square grid stencil on that one and I went round the edge with black soot distress stain.

Sunday, 6 January 2013

V for Victory!

Here is my entry for the Craft Barn's Alpha challenge.....

After playing with Dylusions inks for all the previous evening.......I knew straight away what I wanted to do....and luckily I happen to have a dictionary for such a purpose just lying about....!!

And what better letter to start with than the obvious choice for me was V for Victory as it is almost my name!

The biggest challenge I had was trying to hold the pages open as it won't lie flat......and even more so trying to take photos!! (so excuse my inky fingers in the shot)

Here is what I did......I sprayed pink and yellow Dylusions........then stamped swirls round the edge with purple archival ink. I used Dylusions blue/purple on a separate page and drew a V with white gel pen and then cut that out and stuck it down, then drew on some silver circles, highlighted the word with white gel pen and wrote on Victory in silver pen, and then used a small lid to stamp gold glitter circles that I think you can only just about see in the photo.....

Here is the link:
Craft Barn Alpha challenge