Sunday, 6 April 2014

Happy Mother's Day (for last week!)


I had a cross stitch I'd been working on here and there for ages.....I decided to set myself the target of finishing it for Mother's Day.....just about managed that give or take a week hehe!!

Here is the finished is stitched on an Aida panel on a towel. The pattern in from a book called The Ultimate Cross Stitch Companion.

I was supposed to do some extra French knots but I managed two, and I think I've finally got my head around them though for future patterns....hehe!

Here are the cards I made as well one for my mom and one for Lee's mom.

This one is some Tim Holtz paper with the butterflies on which I stuck down some alphabet masks...tim holtz again! I then sprayed the paper with Dylusions in yellow/orange and then removed the masks. I cut it out with a spellbinders dye and used walnut stain around the edge. I got a couple of chipboard shapes and coloured them possibly with distress stain I can't actually remember! I then used some distress stickles on them as well. I used a grass stencil at the bottom with some paint and then I also added a flower which I inked a little and a couple of ready made bees.

This one I had some new sparkle mediums and a stencil so I used three colours on black glossy card and it worked pretty well and I managed not to get them too intermingled as it just did each colour at the same time as I'm too impatient to wait for them to dry. I then cut it into a circle and stuck it on a card and added some picked raspberry distress ink and a greeting.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, she must have been delighted with it. Sew very sweet!