Well there's me thinking all day about what word to choose for the next alpha challenge - even whilst staring at Flamingos whilst out and about at Slimbridge today it didn't click.....it was only when we were about half way home I suddenly went "Flamingo!" - no idea why I didn't think of it earlier!
So I was straight to the lap top to print off the pictures of flamingos I took earlier in the day; it couldn't have worked out better!
So firstly I painted the page with a paint dabber in Salmon and whilst that was drying I cut out the flamingo pictures I wanted to use.
Then I mod modged them down using matt mod podge this time, oh and on the two front flamingos I went around the edge with tattered rose distress stain to soften the sharp edges. Then I wrote on Flamingo in pink Sharpie, then I used a fine liner in pink to draw round the edge as well as using some dried marigold and spiced marmalade to stamp some leaves round the edge they didn't come out very defined but add some extra colour. Then I used a stencil and picked raspberry distress ink to make the honeycomb patten. I am wondering if I will ever make anything that doesn't involve distress ink of some kind....it's just too good!! All hail the Holtz!!!